Construction Management FAQs
- Is the online Master’s in construction management program accredited?
- Do the instructors have industry experience?
- How quickly can I complete my degree?
- Do I have to have a Bachelor’s in construction management to enter the program?
- Are GRE or GMAT scores required?
- Does the tuition differ for in-state and out-of-state students?
- Why should I get a Master’s degree in construction management?
- Will I be able to continue working while I earn my degree?
- Will my classes have set meeting times with the online format?
- What kind of student support is available?
- What is the placement rate of our graduates?
EKU's Department of Applied Engineering and Technology is an SACS accredited institution. The Construction Management Master of Science program with the concentration in Construction Managemetn is not ACCE accredited, currently only its undergraduate program is accredited.
Our award-winning faculty are practitioners, with academic credentials, who provide interactive feedback and a collaborative approach to learning. They bring a wealth of experience and expertise to our program from across the industry spectrum.
EKU’s 100 percent online Master of Science in Technology with a concentration in Construction Management can be completed in as little as 18 months, with classes starting every eight weeks.
No. If you have a Bachelor’s degree and verifiable 3 to 5 years of experience in construction management you can enter our program. Prerequisites may be required after review of resume, past coursework and future goals.
GRE or GMAT scores are only required if your undergraduate GPA is below a 3.0.
Tuition for online programs are under review.
The construction industry, like many other industries is requiring more education due to increased complexity and competitiveness. As a bachelor’s degree became a requirement for construction management professionals, a master’s degree will be the next step for executive level professionals.
Yes! EKU’s 100 percent online construction management program is a flexible, convenient way to meet your career goals. Courses start every 8 weeks and do not have specific meeting times. Since they are online, you will be able to study anytime, from anywhere. Your dedicated academic advisor will work with you to create a graduation plan that fits your work and family obligations.
No. Because they are online, courses do not have specific meeting times. Coursework and assignments will have set completion dates and you will be able to work according to your schedule and study anytime, from anywhere.
The faculty are dedicated to student success. Online students have access to blackboard support, online tutoring, and library resources. In addition, online students are always encouraged to reach out to their instructors regarding any needs they may have.
Our students are typically employed when they begin and end their degree. For those who have completed the degree looking for a position, there has been 100% placement.